Set USB camera properties programmatically

Hi all,

Unfortunately have to use a USB camera in my application. I wish to set the image and video settings programmatically. It can be done by way of a pop-up dialog using the propertypage.vi (correct name?). However, I wish to set it without having the dialog open. Is there any way of doing this? I can set it in the first instance of using my particular vi and reuse the reference, but each time I start the vi I have to go through the dialog again. In IMAQdx one can set the attributes of the camera but not so in IMAQ_USB. Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated.

How I wish I had insisted on another interface!

Regards,

LeeDoh

Hi all,

Unfortunately have to use a USB camera in my application. I wish to set the image and video settings programmatically. It can be done by way of a pop-up dialog using the propertypage.vi (correct name?). However, I wish to set it without having the dialog open. Is there any way of doing this? I can set it in the first instance of using my particular vi and reuse the reference, but each time I start the vi I have to go through the dialog again. In IMAQdx one can set the attributes of the camera but not so in IMAQ_USB. Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated.

How I wish I had insisted on another interface!

Regards,

LeeDoh

unfortunately if you are using IMAQ USB there is no alternative. i have used videocapX activeX in past (http://www.fathsoft.com/videocapx.html)

and i found it very useful. also i find it pretty useful. the power it gives is unmatched.

Also if you need to grab images where other features of vdm are not required then run time lic. becomes an overkill. in such scenarios i found this solution is quite cost effective.