Connector pane access?

Hi everyone,

I'm glad someone mentioned this website to me because in the past few days I've learned so much regarding this labview scripting technology and my head is spinning with new ideas.

I'm currently trying to create an automated Old style global generation vi. I'm fairly close with the information I've gained on this website.

:question:

My question is whether it's possible to gain access programmatically to the connector pane. I'm programmatically generating my variable control and my variable indicator but I just can't figure out how to get them connected to the connector pane.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

So far I've tested that I'm able to create a new control (string, boolean, numeric, even typedefs) and then create its indicator on the outside of the shift register. I also can programmatically wire all of these into the correct spot. It's just that darn connector pane.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Derek Lewis

Hi

Check this post Automatic Code Generation, How to DIY Auto Code Generation!! and more specifically this section:

VI:ConPane (The read version of it): ..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\vi.lib\express\express output\ExFileWriteConfig.llb\Configure Write LabVIEW Measurement File.vi

VERY usefull. I have made an utility using this property very similar to the call by reference but it is non blocking (using the conpane to pass data to the target VI)

You will be able to access conpane references and its exposed properties and methods

Good Luck

PJM

Thanks PJM,

The problem that i was seeing was that I currently had labview 7.1 installed and could not access those functions unfortunately. However, someone helped me out in that area :) . I ended up creating an automatic old style global creation vi. I tend to use old style globals quite often since I have heard they are more efficient and I program in Labview RT and FPGA quite often where those few precious microseconds make all the difference. If anyone is interested in the VI I would be more than happy to post it. In addition, I have had a few ideas floating around in my head regarding some keyboard shortcuts that I would like to see implemented and have been thinking about coding these up and offering them to the OpenG team. If anyone has any suggestions or wish lists about what they would like to see please let me know.

Cheers, :beer:

Derek Lewis

Project Engineer

Wineman Technology

P.S. Sorry if these comments are off topic :)