Is it possible to reset front panel controls

ip5c

You can select an "Invoke Node" from the diagram palette under "Application Control". Right click on it and select "SELECT CLASS" >> "VI SERVER" >> "VI" for it's class. Then right click on it again and go to "METHODS" >> "REINITIALIZE ALL TO DEFAULT".

That should do it for ya.

I'm glad I could help!

Just something to add. If you set a value of a control or indicator, right click on it and go to DATA OPERATIONS >> MAKE CURRENT VALUE DEFAULT and save your VI, it'll use that value as the default value when you use that function I showed you. So you don't always have to have, say, a numeric control reset to 0.

You can also programmatically set the default value of controls by creating and using property nodes for the desired control.

I hope I didn't tell you stuff you already know, but I just thought I'd add some extra stuff in that realm for you to ponder. Enjoy!

• 10 months later...
You can select an "Invoke Node" from the diagram palette under "Application Control".  Right click on it and select "SELECT CLASS" >> "VI SERVER" >> "VI" for it's class.  Then right click on it again and go to "METHODS" >> "REINITIALIZE ALL TO DEFAULT".

1556[/snapback]

Hi,

i was wondering if you needed to include the reference number for the vi that you place the node into, or is that just necessary to reinitializing the variables in another vi?

thanks,

jesse