ZLIB file rename

For anyone interested...here is what I came up with, a variation of the ZLIB Delete vi which uses the Move Raw vi to transfer each file in the archive to a temp archive without having

to decompress and re-compress, very clever! Instead of deletion by omission, I simply rename the identified file. It still seems like there should be a way to do this directly within the original archive, but this will do for now.

post-162-0-80180400-1302210564_thumb.png

For anyone interested...here is what I came up with, a variation of the ZLIB Delete vi which uses the Move Raw vi to transfer each file in the archive to a temp archive without having

to decompress and re-compress, very clever! Instead of deletion by omission, I simply rename the identified file. It still seems like there should be a way to do this directly within the original archive, but this will do for now.

post-162-0-80180400-1302210564_thumb.png

This seems like a good solution. There might be some low-level way to modify the name of a file in a zip archive, but I don't know off hand.

This seems like a good solution. There might be some low-level way to modify the name of a file in a zip archive, but I don't know off hand.

Sorry, this method doesn't really exist as far as I know. The archive directory is embedded in the actual file stream and modifying it without modifying the entire file structure seems not very easy. The structure does allow adding new entries to the archive without complete rewrite of the archive, but deleting and modifying is another beast. I may have missed something but as far as I know using the same aproach as the ZLIB Delete File function is really the best there is.