Front Panel Window: Monitor

mje

With regards to the Front Panel Window: Monitor VI Server property, LabVIEW documentation says this:

The monitor on which the front panel window appears, if you have multiple monitors. The value 0 is the primary monitor.

I have a computer with a single monitor and the property always returns 1. Is this number perhaps a 1-based index and the documentation is incorrect? When I read theDisplay: All Monitors property, I indeed only get one element back which corresponds to the properties of my one and only monitor, there is no '1' index...

The documentation seems to be wrong. I just tried this on a single monitor system and the property returned 1. I tried on a two monitor system and the property returns 1 for the primary monitor and 2 for the secondary monitor. I only have LV2010.

Hey Guys,

I have just been trying this out and I think it is working correctly if a little strangely. Windows names my monitors 1 and 2 and specifies one as my main display. Therefore putting in 1 or 2 to the property node will move my screen to either 1 or 2. Putting in 0 will move it to whichever display is my main display as set in windows e.g. this could be either 1 or 2. Try switching your primary display from monitor 1 to monitor 2 and you will probably see what I mean.

Cheers,

Mac

Ok, that actually makes sense. A zero value then specifies whatever monitor is the default system monitor, and then any number greater than 0 is a specific monitor.

When returning a value, the property node always seems to resolve to a specific monitor, and never returns 0.

Thanks, James.