SubVI execution

Hi friends,

I have a case structure with 'Read and Write data' SubVIs. I want to read data(thru' ethernet port) while writing serial port data. This is to be done simultaneously.

I mean I want to set the property of the Write data VI to ' always run' and move on to the next case structure to read data from Ethernet port. In my application Write data is stopped before running the Read VI, in which case, I get incorrect values.

How to change the 'Write data' VI's property to continuously run until I reset the property?

Thanks

Sharon

Hi friends,

I have a case structure with 'Read and Write data' SubVIs. I want to read data(thru' ethernet port) while writing serial port data. This is to be done simultaneously.

I mean I want to set the property of the Write data VI to ' always run' and move on to the next case structure to read data from Ethernet port. In my application Write data is stopped before running the Read VI, in which case, I get incorrect values.

How to change the 'Write data' VI's property to continuously run until I reset the property?

There's no property that does that--you have to implement it. Set up a separate loop whose sole job is to write data to the serial port. When you have data that needs to be written, send it to that loop via a queue.