IMAQdx Multiple Camera Dropped Packet Issue

I have very little experience with lab view but we selected the vision acquisition package based on its ability to easily display images with data.

However I am having an issue when testing with more than one camera.

The camera network is a dedicated VLAN on a dedicated GigE switch with currently two Basler Aca1300-30gc.

To test the software out I just tried to use the express acq tool which works well with one camera but when you try and display two cameras the VI locks up or momentarily displays green lines (When attempting to use the lower level blocks I was reading a consistent number of dropped frames)

I then determined that at the default settings the cameras where using 20MB/s over the max limit of the single link connection to the PC.

So using the driver tool for the cameras I reduced the default capture size to match my object closely and locked the frame rate at the desired rate.

Only issue is that the express capture still does not work with the now 80MB/s stream and still behaves the same as the first attempt.

Another issue is that I have trouble altering and reading the camera specific attributes when using the lower level blocks, as I am not too familiar with labview.

Roo,

I would suggest going through the examples, now that you have tried the Express VI. You can also right-click the express VI and open it up to see what the code is doing inside. The Express Vi is just to get you started. In general, its not a good idea to use that for an application since it has a lot of code in it that you may not be need in your specific case, slowing down your application.

Try getting one camera up and running as you want it, then duplicate the loop for two cameras.

N.