Problem launching seperate VIs on mulitple monitors

I am currently trying to launch a User interface (operator screen and test records page) on a multiple monitor workstation (both monitors are using 1900x1080). Using the VI property node FP.Run-time Position.Centered with the monitor set to 0 and the size set to 1080,1920 respectively, the VIs will launch properly 5 out of 6 times but then launch stacked on the primary monitor. Is there a better approach around this brittle method?

Also, is there a way to programattically detect screen resolution and launch the VI to that size? I've looked into using the property node App Disp.WkSpace which using the right and bottom bounds (which seems to always be off by 40). The only problem I'm seeing is if the user alters the resolution after the VI has been launched the resolution goes to pot.

Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.

Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.

The VI properties has a Window Size category which allows you to check "Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes" and "Maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions". The down side to this is fonts do not rescale, tables and multi-column listboxes do not rescale the columns, and things will look strange if you switch between "standard" and "widescreen" monitors.

I believe monitor 0 is the active monitor and 1 is the first monitor... this may be why you get incorrect launches 1 of 6 times.

Tim

Yes, the monitors property is a 1-based index, the 0 value indicates whatever monitor is the primary.

The workspace property is very useful, it takes into account the taskbar etc to yield the workable area the panel can occupy.