Register Callback Event and event structure

When I register dynamic user event by Create User Event and Register Event I can connect 'event reg refnum out' to Dynamic Event Terminals and select dynamic event that call like defined data at input Create User Event.

But, when I use Register Event Callback I can't connect 'event callback ref out' to the Dynamic Event Terminals. So how could I Use register dynamic events from ActiveX in EVENT structure similary like with user events?

realy confused

Mikrobi

What are you trying to accomplish?

Using activeX events with the event structure

or user defined events w/ the event structure.

You can not use activeX events w/ the LV event structure

But you should be able to register a user defined event the way that you outlined.

By creating a new user event

Wiring it to the event terminal on the "register Events" function and then

wire the event registration refnum to the dynamic terminal of the event structure.

Be more specific in what you are trying to do

What are you trying to accomplish?

Using activeX events with the event structure

or user defined events w/ the event structure.

You can not use activeX events w/ the LV event structure

But you should be able to register a user defined event the way that you outlined.

By creating a new user event

Wiring it to the event terminal on the "register Events" function and then

wire the event registration refnum to the dynamic terminal of the event structure.

Be more specific in what you are trying to do

1774[/snapback]

I have STI.ocx (systray icon activex component) and I want use that with LV event structure to operation with icon in tray events.

I could register that events from STI, but i can't use them... :(

ActiveX_event_problem.png

regards

Mikrobi

Hi mikrobi,

The register for event callback does not work in the way you are intending it to work. U see in your image there is a input called VI ref. Right click on the register for event callback function and select create callback VI (I think that's what it's called). From here you can program a VI that will handle the event that you are registering every time that event occurs. In other words the register event callback VI waits for an activeX event and on that event it will call that VI that you wire the reference into there.

I hope this helps because initially I had problems with this as well,

Derek Lewis

Wineman Technology

Hi mikrobi,

The register for event callback does not work in the way you are intending it to work.  U see in your image there is a input called VI ref.  Right click on the register for event callback function and select create callback VI (I think that's what it's called).  From here you can program a VI that will handle the event that you are registering every time that event occurs.  In other words the register event callback VI waits for an activeX event and on that event it will call that VI that you wire the reference into there.

I hope this helps because initially I had problems with this as well,

Thanks for everyone!

:thumbup: I've made some examples and understood ActiveX events in LabVIEW.

:D

best regards

Mikrobi