TCP/IP write error 56 and error 57

I am using client server tcp between two laptops. They connection is created properly and data is written and read properly at first. Eventually I get an error 56 and error 57 when trying to write to data to the client. This may start happening after 5 minutes or it may start happening after 5 hours. It is very unpredictable and hard to test. When there is no response for 4.6 seconds the connection is terminated and attempts to create a new connection. They are on a dedicated network with static ip addresses. Does anyone have any ides??

I am using client server tcp between two laptops. They connection is created properly and data is written and read properly at first. Eventually I get an error 56 and error 57 when trying to write to data to the client. This may start happening after 5 minutes or it may start happening after 5 hours. It is very unpredictable and hard to test. When there is no response for 4.6 seconds the connection is terminated and attempts to create a new connection. They are on a dedicated network with static ip addresses. Does anyone have any ides??

I would guess that the receiver has stopped reading messages from the TCP connection or is not servicing the connection as fast as the transmitting side is writing messages. You would have to describe more about your system and code to hazard a guess as to what may be happening.

Tim