custom control resize "smoothly"

didierj

Hi,

:headbang: Has anyone solved the problem: when a picture is included into a control and then the control is resized, LV goes to resize the "pixels", making the control unusable for customer purposes. The color-transition in standard controls remains smooth.

To my understanding, the solution to the problem would be to be able to create custom .ptc-files, but I don't know how the binary format has to be, or at least if there is an app which can create it.

Any suggestions, comments?

To my understanding, the solution to the problem would be to be able to create custom .ptc-files, but I don't know how the binary format has to be, or at least if there is an app which can create it.

1830[/snapback]

I don't know (and cannot find) any application that can read these *.ptc files. However, if you look into the same directory, you will find some other files called *.3ds. These are a standard 3D format used by many 3D rendering applications. You can probably download a free viewer somewhere for these. I haven't figured out why there are so few *.sds file compared to *.ptc files.

Even if you figure out how to create your own *.ptc files, you are not finished yet. How do you "compile" a new control to use these images? It would be great if NI gave us the tools to do all of this. :( . This problem has been raised in these forums before. For example, how do you create irregular shaped controls with equally irregular hotspots! :unsure: