Sound Input read (DBL).vi - dll call hands in LV2011

Hello there,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this - since upgrading to LV2011 I now have the issue where the dll call within the Sound Input Read (DBL).vi hangs resulting in me having to kill the LV process. The code worked fine in LV2010.

Has anybody else experienced this/found a solution?

Thanks

Martin

Hiya, Yep I did back-to-back tests with the LV2010 and LV2011 versions of lvsound2.dll and it does seem to be a new bug in LV2011 - I've reverted to using the old version of the api for now. Thanks Martin

Have you reported it to NI? I was thinking about sneaking in a LV2011 upgrade while my boss wasn't looking, but maybe I'll wait. Considering the problems I've had with the sound vis in the past, I'm a little gun-shy on this topic.

Have you reported it to NI? I was thinking about sneaking in a LV2011 upgrade while my boss wasn't looking, but maybe I'll wait. Considering the problems I've had with the sound vis in the past, I'm a little gun-shy on this topic.

Did you try the lvsound2.dll in labview8.2.1?

You can use it in LV2010 (maybe LV2011 works)

• 1 year later...

So, I think I was having a senior moment this February when I completely forgot about this thread and "upgraded" to LV2011.

No problems at first, and then I started working on a new project that included using DAQ hardware (USB-9234). When listening to sound, there would be 1 second clicks (the sample interval) and when hooked up to a function generator, there were what I call "stutters" -- when changing frequencies, the new freqency would play very briefly, the old frequency would play even more briefly, and then it would finally settle into the new frequency. Not good. The only upside was that the clicks and stutteres weren't in the actual data -- just in the sound output.

I beat my head in on this for a week or so, and then finally lobbed it over the fence to NI technical support. They, of course, couldn't replicate the problem, so after a few back-and-forth exchanges of code, I asked the nice application engineer if he could test it on LV2011. Lo and behold, he finally hears the same thing I'm hearing.

In the meantime, I'm trying to add microphone signal into my data stream and (surprise, surprise) have the same problem Martin does. This finally jogs my memory and I remember this thread. A little too late...

So, I've upgraded to LV 2012 (NI's recommended fix). Much to my team leader's dismay, as our usual LV upgrade only happens ever three years or so. But I told him it was either that, or have very unhappy acoustic analysist.

The moral of the story? Pay attention and remember this kind of thing when it gets reported on LAVA!!