OpenG XControls ?

I was just wondering if anyone had ever put forward the idea of creating an OpenG XControls package ? I know from bitter experience that it is quite trickey to write really good XControls, yet they're also a great way to make nice reusable components - so they seem like a no-brainer for an OpenG package or ten...

Possible suggestions might include:

IP/network address control (perhaps with various network masking options as well) - a basic one exists within the LAVA CR

a URI string control with properties to parse an entered URI

a word completion string control - I'm sure I've seen one somewhere around

a spell checking string control

a function generator (I'd happily offer my own Waveform Xcontrol as a starting point)

?

I think including more XControls in OpenG is a great idea - but I don't think that a separate XControl package is the right way to go: I prefer my XControls to be in the packages that their technologies support (eg: an IP address XControl in a networking package). That said, I'm open to others' ideas...

I think including more XControls in OpenG is a great idea - but I don't think that a separate XControl package is the right way to go: I prefer my XControls to be in the packages that their technologies support (eg: an IP address XControl in a networking package). That said, I'm open to others' ideas...

OpenG accepts all types of re-use components as possible submissions.

Crelf is correct (when is the man ever wrong?), it would be distributed by function-type (or part of an API) not by component-type (e.g. an X-controls only package).

Crelf is correct (when is the man ever wrong?)

It's a pity that my missus isn't a member of LAVA.

OpenG accepts all types of re-use components as possible submissions.

Right, and I'm totally enthusiastic to see more of them - in general, custom controls (XControls or otherwise) is an area that's under represented in OpenG IMHO, and I'd love to see what people come up with as submissions.

It's a pity that my missus isn't a member of LAVA.

I think I can help with that - stay tuned.

Right, and I'm totally enthusiastic to see more of them - in general, custom controls (XControls or otherwise) is an area that's under represented in OpenG IMHO, and I'd love to see what people come up with as submissions.

Here, here