labview shutdown

Hello everybody. I have a very strange problem, and I was hoping that maybe somebody would be able to help me. Unfortuantly, I'm pretty sure I can't post my code for ethical and possibly legal reasons. (I'm being paid to write it for a company)

Anyway, my problem is that every time I hit the run button, labview just shuts down. I've had programs crash before, and usually when I restart labview a message pops up that says that labview shut down improperly, and asks if I want to recover my programs, but not in this case. Every time I google labview shut down I keep getting results that have to do with intentionally shutting down the computer or other programs, so I thought I would ask for help here.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this?

First create a backup of your malicious code, then force a recompile of the VI by hitting CTRL-Run. If that succeeds sent the old VI to NI.

Or you could recompile the whole tree with CTRL-SHIFT-Run.

You could try to devide and conquer the code into sections that fail or succeed.

Ton

If you contact NI tech support, we often have to investigate bugs in proprietary code. The Application Engineers (AEs) have various ways of handling this, from simple verbal agreement that we'll delete your code after we're done investigating and guarantee that the bare number of people actually look at it all the way up to full NDA agreements and AEs coming out to look at your code on site. If you can't figure out which function on your diagram is causing the "quick exit", that approach may help you.

I got it to stop shutting down, but I'm not sure why it stopped. I was following Ton's advice and deleting sections of the diagram until it would run (I saved a copy first). I got it to work, and it seems that the problem occurred in the course of adding loadcell data to an array and then saving the array. There are two things that I found strange about this. The first thing is that I had made no recent changes to that section of my diagram. The second thing is that I then re-wired that section and it now works. I've had things like that happen before (I call them ghosts) but I'd never seen my programs just shut down labview. I tried to run the program several times before selectively deleting sections ( I would estimate over a dozen), and each time it just shut down. Then I delete a section and rewire it and it no longer shuts down. I still don't understand why it happened.