News about the LabVIEW Wiki! Read more... ×
jgcode

Chunking VI

I have started a new thread for the possibility of creating a Chunking VI or similar.

Here is some code I wrote to get the conversation started.

It may not be beautiful code, but I was just trying to create the functionality described in the cross thread (did I get it right?)

post-10325-0-89104900-1317218317_thumb.p

I will turn this into an OpenG review if it gets enough interest.

Attached is a String Implementation

Chunking.vi

Example - Chunking.vi

Code is in LabVIEW 2009

As I pointed out in the previous thread as well, you can use the Sign function to convert R (the remainder of the integer division) to 0 or 1, instead of the three functions you use here. Also, this value R gives you already the number of padding characters required, which could be added to the Input String before processing - depending on the memory effects of doing this. Doing all that could simplify the diagram somewhat.

What is the reason for outputting the Last Character? Is there an obvious use for this?

As I pointed out in the previous thread as well, you can use the Sign function to convert R (the remainder of the integer division) to 0 or 1, instead of the three functions you use here. Also, this value R gives you already the number of padding characters required, which could be added to the Input String before processing - depending on the memory effects of doing this. Doing all that could simplify the diagram somewhat.

As I said in the other thread, I liked your implementation better. :P

What is the reason for outputting the Last Character? Is there an obvious use for this?

I wrote this code a while but only just posted it. At the time I was thinking it may be of interest for padding etc...

Like I said above, I posted the VI to get a discussion going on functionality so things like these are not that important at this stage.

As I said in the other thread, I liked your implementation better. :P

Sorry, missed your update on that thread.