Open G ini file differences

I'm in the process of updating some code to LV2011 (from LV8.5) and most of the updating went relatively smoothly (I've tried updating to newer versions (8.5->8.6.1, 2009) in the past and this time the process seems a lot better).

Anyway, I'm noticing some differences with writing to .ini files (using Write INI cluster__ogtk.vi) and I was hoping that someone already had some experience dealing with this. The old format (LV8.5) only had quotes (") around strings that had spaces, and now it seems like every saved value has quotes around it. Even numerical values. This is causing some issues loading the file back in to a cluster since the enum/numerics are being translated as a string. Also it is incompatible with other programs which load ini files.

Old Format (8.5):

[Acquired Images]

File Type=2

Images.<size(s)>=0

Relative Path="Acquired Images"

New Format (2011):

[Acquired Images]

File Type="2"

Images.<size(s)>="0"

Relative Path="Acquired Images"

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks, Bruce

LV85 Header.txt

LV2011 Header.txt

I think I've uncovered the/my error. Apparently when converting to LV2011 I ended up with a space in the File Type value string ini header which was causing the ini file not to load properly because it didn't know that format of the file. The file seems to load properly now (after removing the trailing space) even with all of the quotes (at this point I don't know if other programs that were developed in 8.5 will be able to handle the change).

(at this point I don't know if other programs that were developed in 8.5 will be able to handle the change).

Good to hear you have sorted out your issue.

As for the change you mentioned this actually occurred in LabVIEW 2009. I have not had any issues with the config API with respect to this. Given LabVIEW handles the change automatically and the OpenG Config VIs are based on that API (and package versions 4.x have been tested in LabVIEW 2009) it should be all sweet. :)

Cheers

-JG