FlexMotion Board and Axis Handles lost on Error

Jim Kring

:!: Today, I discovered a serious flaw in the following FlexMotion VIs:

Wait for Blend Complete

Wait for Move Complete

Wait Reference

The problem is that when an Error is passed into them they do not pass the "Board ID" or "Axis" values through, as one would expect. Here are some screenshots of the offenders:

post-17-1097219935.png?width=400

post-17-1097219942.png?width=400

post-17-1097219948.png?width=400

This can cause huge problems downstream. For example, here is some code that I wrote as part of a move command. If the move fails, I want to kill/abort the motion. But, since I no longer have valid "Board ID" or "Axis" values, the abort call fails (this is VERY bad :thumbdown:). You can see some code which is exposed to this flaw, below:

post-17-1097219927.png?width=400

:lightbulb: The only suitable workaround is to not, use the pass-through values, as shown in the work-around below:

post-17-1097219954.png?width=400

Lucky for me, I didn't crash a motion axis before I discovered the bug.

• 1 year later...

Jim,

I know that this is really old post but it might help me to resolve very unpleasent issue with my application.

Shortly to explain: from time to time, motor would start turning very fast, and then I would get the timeout message. Move would not be killed and I would have to the that manually from diagnostics program before I start the application again.

I will try to implement your solution. Thanks for idea.

Say hi to Michael.

Natasa