Example Finder error

pallen

Not sure how many folk are running 7.0 for Linux.

I've only just started playing with it myself.

Installing it has been difficult on occasion and I find I need to skip a bunch of the drivers otherwise I end up with a borked install.

My current install seems to be working fine except for the Example Finder. When I try to start it I get an error telling me a file is missing.

usr/local/share/natinst/example finder/1.0/bin/tree.dat

That directory does contain: labview7_0findade.so, NIExampleFinder (the executable), niexfind.html

I am running Labview as root.

I'm not sure whether some process should have created that file, or if I just need to create it myself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I just installed 7.0 on a 2.6.x kernel without problems.

Some file permission problems, ok. Easy way around: install as root, then 'chmod -R a+w' the lv-directory (all users can write. If you don't like this, you might as well create a group which is allowed to write) and run as user.

Example finder works fine, so does the rest (except some methods as report printing etc.)

(btw, install openG- really useful! www.openg.org! Jim Kring rules!)

Not sure how many folk are running 7.0 for Linux. 

I've only just started playing with it myself. 

Installing it has been difficult on occasion and I find I need to skip a bunch of the drivers otherwise I end up with a borked install. 

My current install seems to be working fine except for the Example Finder.  When I try to start it I get an error telling me a file is missing.

usr/local/share/natinst/example finder/1.0/bin/tree.dat

That directory does contain: labview7_0findade.so,  NIExampleFinder (the executable),  niexfind.html 

I am running Labview as root.

I'm not sure whether some process should have created that file, or if I just need to create it myself. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2184[/snapback]