Chat times

Sarah83

I'v just seen we have a full chat room... no more "trial version" :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe we can negotiate a fixed chat time.

What do you think?

This could be a bit difficult, since we have members from America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa(?), all with different timezones.

I'm not soooo used to chat-rooms, but I think best would be to log in and wait, or send a PM (since we see who is online).

is the chat-room already considered as an alternative for the LAVA-meetings?

I'v just seen we have a full chat room... no more "trial version" :thumbup:  :thumbup:

This could be a bit difficult, since we have members from America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa(?), all with different timezones.

I'm not soooo used to chat-rooms, but I think best would be to log in and wait, or send a PM (since we see who is online).

is the chat-room already considered as an alternative for the LAVA-meetings?

2205[/snapback]

Maybe a time for Americans... :lightbulb:

Well, i'm glad all of you found the chat room. I'm still planning to put out an official announcement but I guess I haven't. :(

We can organize 1 or 2 standard chat times when the forum regulars will be online. This way anyone with LV questions can get quickly get them answered. I really don't know what the potential of this can be. We'll just have to experiment with different concepts until we find something that fits. :unsure:

In the meantime, if you see someone online and you want to chat with them, send them a PM and invite them into the room... :wub:

Yes, but should we take the time were all members stay at work or were most members stay at home?

At which times the forum is visited most? Maybe you have a traffic list or something like that.

2 times would be better than it is a big difference between Europe and America.

...ahhh and I want my private internet back.. :headbang: without I can't go in the chat :(

If I interpret this chart correct, the biggest traffic are after lunch and in the afternoon of the american east-coast.

Considering that in Europe (switzerland + germany at least) we have GMT+1. This would mean, best lounge times would be (for me) 8 p.m. and later. :blink:

Uh, usually at this time I'm at home enjoying a tea and dessert, and not reading/writing LAVA forums. Others would even say they enjoy a movie on "home cinema", but since I have no tv-set...

My best time for joining a live chat would be in my early morning hours (7-9 a.m. GMT+1). Afterwards it's getting hectic in the office.

If I interpret this chart correct, the biggest traffic are after lunch and in the afternoon of the american east-coast.

Considering that in Europe (switzerland + germany at least) we have GMT+1. This would mean, best lounge times would be (for me) 8 p.m. and later.  :blink:

Uh, usually at this time I'm at home enjoying a tea and dessert, and not reading/writing LAVA forums. Others would even say they enjoy a movie on "home cinema", but since I have no tv-set...

My best time for joining a live chat would be in my early morning hours (7-9 a.m. GMT+1). Afterwards it's getting hectic in the office.

2282[/snapback]

Yes, for me, too.

But for us Europeans it's no problem :D

The chat times for me would be in the evening. From the office I can't reach the chat.

• 5 months later...