Relink to all...?

psychomanu

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but already thrilled with what I saw. I was amazed by the scripting possibilities. My question : has anyone cursed at the "relink to subVI" feature when there were many instances of the subVI that changed? Especially in big projects this can be annoying. There doen't seem to be a "relink to all" option.

Maybe someone here can do this using scripting?

Thanks for the ideas,

Manu

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, but already thrilled with what I saw. I was amazed by the scripting possibilities. My question : has anyone cursed at the "relink to subVI" feature when there were many instances of the subVI that changed? Especially in big projects this can be annoying. There doen't seem to be a "relink to all" option.

Maybe someone here can do this using scripting?

Thanks for the ideas,

Manu

2217[/snapback]

Here you go

PJM

Download File:post-121-1097506860.llb

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Ahh.. this is just what I needed. I did need to revise your top-level VI just a bit to get it to stop err'ing out on the vi's without block diagrams or those from vi.lib that were password protected but otherwise it worked like a champ! Thanks!

FWIW, I've attached my modified version of your tool.

WMassey, just needed to relink a hundred VI's and I did a LAVA search and found this thread. Good work to all! This is what LAVA is all about :thumbup:
  • 1 month later...
Here you go

PJM

Dear PJM

RealinkAll llb not function correctly in labview 8,

because in labview 8 the class CaseSelector is renamed in CaseStructure.

the vi with this are :

Get Container Objects.vi

Container Class Name to Enum.vi

i have correct this proplem and it work prperly.

PSDV

Dear PJM

RealinkAll llb not function correctly in labview 8,

because in labview 8 the class CaseSelector is renamed in CaseStructure.

the vi with this are :

Get Container Objects.vi

Container Class Name to Enum.vi

i have correct this proplem and it work prperly.

PSDV

Yes, I am aware of the issue. Actually if you dig around in this scripting forum you will find a lot of utilities suffering from the same problem. NI Changed the class Name. The easiest solution, in the case of utilities I wrote, is to add casestructure to the list in Get Container Objects.vi and in Get Container Objects.vi [if you want it to remain usable in previous LV version (like 7.0 or 7.1)]. Attached below is an untest version with these changes.

PJM

Download File:post-121-1152027991.llb

Yes, I am aware of the issue. Actually if you dig around in this scripting forum you will find a lot of utilities suffering from the same problem. NI Changed the class Name. The easiest solution, in the case of utilities I wrote, is to add casestructure to the list in Get Container Objects.vi and in Get Container Objects.vi [if you want it to remain usable in previous LV version (like 7.0 or 7.1)]. Attached below is an untest version with these changes.

PJM

Dear Pjm

your utility like OpenBlockDiagram Refnum it's very interesting..

you can send me the library with all vi.

thanks

PSDV