Sharing an FPGA resource between multiple projects

So the situation I'm faced with is as follows. I have a PXI crate with an FPGA card in it that has multiple DIO connectors. Each one of these connectors is wired out to a laser interferometer card's hardware interface. One connector corresponds to one channel on the laser interferometer. We have code that takes the input to each DIO, formats them, then presents each channels information on a "To-Host DMA".

The PXI crate is connected to a Real Time box. We (my work mate and myself) want to be able to work from two different Windows machines, connect to the real time box and subsequently each read a different to host DMA for the information from different channels.

Is there a graceful way to share FPGA resources like this between multiple projects? If not, what would be the best way to get this information (each individual channel) out of the FPGA, into the RT box and subsequently access it from the different machines?

Regards and thanks for your help in advance,

Alex

Edited by AlexA

Is there a controller in the PXI chassis? If there is and I'm understanding what you want to do correctly (maybe a diagram of the data paths would be more clear?) you have the controller in the PXI chassis publish its DMA contents on the network, via shared variables or some other protocol.