VISA USB

Khodarev

The situation is following: the program communicate with devices via usb interface. All is good until number of opened VISA resources is less than 32. When this limit is reached no more VISA's can be opened. So i can control only 32 devices at the time. Thus question is: is it possible to overcome this limit or not? Thank you in advance.

The situation is following: the program communicate with devices via usb interface. All is good until number of opened VISA resources is less than 32. When this limit is reached no more VISA's can be opened. So i can control only 32 devices at the time. Thus question is: is it possible to overcome this limit or not? Thank you in advance.

2262[/snapback]

I found this FAQ at usb.org.

Maybe you running in a bandwidth limit. But I am just guessing.

Q6: How many USB peripherals can I connect at once?

A6: Technically, you can connect up to 127 individual USB peripherals at one time. Due to the fact that some devices reserve USB bandwidth, the practical maximum of devices is less than the theoretical maximum. However, PCI-USB add-in cards provide an independent USB bus to which even more peripherals can be connected.