Graph Channel List Issues

I've seen other similar posts about this issue and was wondering if anyone had a decent work around. This post reminded me of the issues I was having.

Basically you have a list of channels that you can view on a graph. As you choose more signals, the plot fills up, and the Plot Legend fills with the signal names. I have it set to show no scroll bar on the legend until you have more than 11 signals. There is no limit to the number of signals on the graph, (this test VI only has 20) and so to see all the signals you'll need to scroll. This all works fine. The issue is when you select many signals, then scroll down, then select only a few signals. The scroll bar will disappear (by design) but the value of the scroll bar stays the same, showing a blank plots. Without the scroll bar you cannot change the value and are stuck until you select more than 11 signals and scroll up.

So my question is this, is there a decent work around people have found? I can't find a property of the control that allows me to set the value of the scroll bar (or the optional index) back to zero. I also don't want to show the scroll bar when there are so few signals that it doesn't need to be seen. I would prefer a XControl that replaces the vertical scrollbar with one with more control, as well as not allow you to scroll down past the number of signals on the graph.

Attached is an example that demonstrates this issue saved in 2009.

EDIT: NI Crosspost

Graph Channel List Problem.vi