Issues making exe with LabPython

Hi, I have been trying to get my executable to use the labpython vi's for distribution to other computers and cannot seem to make this happen. I updated to the latest version and am using LV2011. It works great in runtime but when making my exe it will not include the pytscript.dll.

I tried from other suggestions I have seen elsewhere to include this file within the same folder as my exe, make a folder next to my exe called Script with this file in there but to no avail. I am using only the python core stuff and that is it nothing else.

I have noticed that if I place the Set Server Path vi on my diagram and set the path it will sometimes lock up and other times if I get rid of it after then I notice in my project dir the image below. I think part of my issue is this file does not seem to be able to be found to include in the build? I also add the dll file to the Always include section for my build but that does not work either.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

post-27046-0-89969600-1334579512.png

Are you trying to use the script node or the LabPython VIs? For the VIs pytscript.dll should not be required at all. For the script node it is required and it used to be necessary to install it in the <Program Files>/National Instruments/Shared/LabVIEW Run-Time/<LV Version>/script directory for the script node to work in an executable. Not sure if the application builder is trying to do that somehow in newer versions without really working it out correctly.

The DLL is located in your <LabVIEW>/resource/script directory in the development environment. Try to add it from there into your project and add it as always included component, trying to install it in the according runtime subdirectory. When creating an installer you should add a script subdirectory in the LabVIEW Run-Time destination and specify for pytscript.dll to be installed into that directory.