OpenG Large File not cross platform

The OpenG Large File Library claims it is on all OS Versions but since it calls :kernel32.dll I am assuming that is not accurate. I doubt that it is needed in OS X since LabVIEW version XX (12 at least) handles file position values as I64. But if you load the OpenG Toolkit for Mac OS X you get a bunch of errors as it tries to deal with this package.

Probably just removing it from the Toolkit would suffice. I expect that the newer versions of LV on windows also handle large files.

Scott

OpenG Large File Library v4.0.0.3 by OpenG.org

Released On: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:41:08 -0700

Author: OpenG.org

Copyright: Copyright © 2007 Rolf Kalbermatter; 2010-2011 Jonathon Green

License: BSD

Compatible LabVIEW Versions: >= 2009.

Compatible OS Versions: ALL.

Repository Name: VI Package Network

The OpenG Large File Library claims it is on all OS Versions but since it calls :kernel32.dll I am assuming that is not accurate. I doubt that it is needed in OS X since LabVIEW version XX (12 at least) handles file position values as I64. But if you load the OpenG Toolkit for Mac OS X you get a bunch of errors as it tries to deal with this package.

Probably just removing it from the Toolkit would suffice. I expect that the newer versions of LV on windows also handle large files.

The availability for all platforms is definitely an error. Not sure when that got into the Toolkit. I only wrote the library years ago never really packaged it. As to LabVIEW versions, since LabVIEW 8.0 almost all file functions use 64 bit offsets and since about 8.20 they actually work mostly fine. So it makes no sense to include this library in a Toolkit that is >= LabVIEW 2009 only.

Makes sense to me! I wasn't sure where it was superseded by the native LV code, probably 2009 is a good cutoff for not including it in the standard toolkit. So who does the toolkit packaging? The base package should just be marked Windows only.

Makes sense to me! I wasn't sure where it was superseded by the native LV code, probably 2009 is a good cutoff for not including it in the standard toolkit. So who does the toolkit packaging? The base package should just be marked Windows only.

The latest package was done by Jonathan Green. I guess he missed the platform limitations when porting the package file to VIPM. Personally I would say the LargeFile library doesn't really make sense in post 8.21 at all, and even in 8.20 only very little.

I'm not using VIPM for package generation so I can't modify the package configuration myself.