Refnum for a Notifier Reference Object - "not valid in this application instance"

Maybe it's normal...

Maybe it's because I wasn't looking at those references as closely before.

Maybe I saw it because it was part of my search for a bug...

Maybe it isn't normal.... :o

Maybe I should post a thread and find out why the reference was "not valid in this application instance"

... maybe... just maybe.... I'll learn more stuff.. Maybe for sure... :)

Okay, if you read past that junk above, here's what I observed. I know nothing, hence this thread.

I have a wire which is a cluster of a whole bunch of objects. The objects are basically notifiers. The class contains a reference to the particular notifier.

While debugging the code where all the notifier references simply "disappeared" (I know it does not simply disappear, but it did), I noticed something odd. It just caught my eye.

What is strange and why I ask is because the refnum value is correct. 0x1450 0002

I should have taken a screen capture of the code, but then again, there was not much to see. So I will describe it.

Picture 3 VI's. Ignore all the preceding ones and following ones for now. To the left, there is VI-1, middle VI-2, and to the right VI-3.

Below are the outputs of VI-1 to VI-2 to VI-3. The strange thing is the fact that the refnum is "okay" at the output of VI-3. So, valid, not-valid, then valid again.

<< Am I simply observing something normal? >>

post-2829-0-02326800-1355151707_thumb.pn