LuaVIEW, accessing pre-processor keywords

The document LuaVIEW Pre-processor keywords list several keywords which intrigue me, especially the ones such as --#version and --#description, which may be very useful for documenting scripts.  However, I can find no mention of how to ACCESS these once they are assigned, or if that is even possible.  I do understand that these are evaluated by the pre-processor with a main purpose of configuring LuaVIEW tasks, but --#version and --#description would certainly not be very useful for task configuration; so I am hoping that there is a way that I can grab their values and send them to a log file.  If this is possible, where is the documentation on how to do it?  Thanks for any help.

The document LuaVIEW Pre-processor keywords list several keywords which intrigue me, especially the ones such as --#version and --#description, which may be very useful for documenting scripts.  However, I can find no mention of how to ACCESS these once they are assigned, or if that is even possible.  I do understand that these are evaluated by the pre-processor with a main purpose of configuring LuaVIEW tasks, but --#version and --#description would certainly not be very useful for task configuration; so I am hoping that there is a way that I can grab their values and send them to a log file.  If this is possible, where is the documentation on how to do it?  Thanks for any help.

Well, it's not exactly trivial to do that, and it also will only work if you use tasks to execute the scripts but included VI should give you an idea about how to go about it. I didn't code the actual passing out of the different data elements in detail but I'm sure you can adapt it to whatever needs you might have.

Get Task Information.vi