How to get the class name of LabVIEW Class Constants on the block diagram

I am trying to automate some housekeeping tasks and have run into a problem.

I decided to rename some classes in my project.  In several VIs, I place those classes as block diagram constants.  I usually display their labels when I do this for readability.  Unfortunately, when I rename the class, the labels do not update.  (Fixing this would be a nice Idea Exchange feature).

So, I decided to write a little scripting VI to go though my BDs and find all objects of type LabVIEWClassConstant and then extract their new class name and use it to change the label.  I have done this in the past with front panel controls successfully by using the TypedefPath property to get the class name.

So, I traversed the BD and returned an array of LabVIEWClassConstant refs.  These were returned as GObjects so I had to cast them to LabVIEWClassConstant type before I can access the TypedefPath property.  But when I do this, the value returned from the TypedefPath is empty.  I am guessing this is because the cast loses the object's identity and makes it a generic LabVIEWClassConstant.

So, now am stuck.  Unless I find a way to get the actual class name, I cannot fix the label and must go manually fix it on every BD. :frusty:

I think I am about to add VI Scripting to the realm of regular expressions. In other words, if you have a problem and you decide to solve it using VI Scripting, now you have two problems. :rolleyes:

thanks for any ideas or pointing out obvious mistakes/misconceptions I may have made...

-John