decimal string to number

ascolda

Hello everybody, my question is a really simple one. 

Output data in my case is numbers from 0000 to 9999. It comes in the string format and I need to display it in the number format which would always have four digits.  "Decimal string to number" function deletes non-significant zeroes before number, it makes number 126 out of "0126" string.

Is there a possibility to display decimal number which always has four digits?

Thanks!

This is sounding strictly like a display format issue on the numeric indicator.  Right-click on the indicator and choose "Display Format".  You can also get to this via "Properties" and finding the Display Format tab.  I recommend going into the Advanced editing mode and put in "%04d".  This will require the display to have at least 4 digits, filling on the left 0s.

• Like 1
This is sounding strictly like a display format issue on the numeric indicator.  Right-click on the indicator and choose "Display Format".  You can also get to this via "Properties" and finding the Display Format tab.  I recommend going into the Advanced editing mode and put in "%04d".  This will require the display to have at least 4 digits, filling on the left 0s.

Thanks a lot, it worked! As I said it was a really simple problem. I should definitely get into formatting codes.