Excel Report generation

I am using the Report generation toolkit (v1.0.1) to generate an excel report. My vi works as expected before I create the exacutable. After I make the executable the report is not generated.

I am including the _Excel Dynamic VIs.vi from _exclsub.llb as suggested by NI.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

java script:emoticon(':headbang:')

smilie

Did you run the exe at the same computer?

if not, check our excel activex object version.

It has to be the same like on your development machine.

3664[/snapback]

I actually did compile and run the program on the intented computer without any luck. Are you suggesting I abandon the report generation tooklit and use the excel activex instead? I thought the report generation toolkit was a repackaging of the office activex objects.

Hi Mike

I have attached a word Doc containing a few bits of info is saved recently when experiencing a similar problem, you may be aware of them but thought they might be of interest to you.

3721[/snapback]

Just thought of someting else. Did you build an installer? under the advanced tab in the installer option there is a check box to include runtime engine support for report generation. Did you check this box?

Just thought of someting else. Did you build an installer? under the advanced tab in the installer option there is a check box to include runtime engine support for report generation. Did you check this box?

3722[/snapback]

Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually tried everything you mentioned with no luck. I guess I am going to have to do it via activex.

:

• 3 weeks later...
Here are few questions:

Did the excel instance show up (either maximized,mininized or normal)?

Did you use any template to generate your report?  If so, is the path a relative path or absolute path?

Is the excel instance closed after the report is generated?

3968[/snapback]

Bluej, to answer your questions: 1. Excel does not start after I compile the vi., 2. I do use a template and the path is correct. 3. As a vi the excel instance remains open. As I mentioned before, nothing happens once I compile the vi.

Here is some more information:

1. I am using a subvi in my program to generate the report. In the compiled version the subvi executes when called but excel never starts.

2. If I compile the subvi by itself as a separate program everything works just fine!