How to unzip .gz files Labview 2013

fmath

Hello,I'm requesting your help because I need for my job to create a program that could read csv files compressed in .gz and export the read datas by Modbus TCP.My problem is : How to read .gz files?I tried using openG zlib, I tried an example given on the National Instrument website using dotNet, but I don't succeed in reading these files...Has someone an idea?(Excuse me for my poor english, I'm french)Best regards,Fmath

This isn't a working solution but it might help.  I would use 7-zip if the other native zip utilities don't like .GZ.  .GZ is not a zip but many zipping tools support it.

http://lavag.org/topic/16513-can-we-prevent-zlib-compress-dir-from-replacing-accented-characters/#entry101116

There someone asked about zipping a folder of files in a way that wasn't supported so I suggested using 7-zip in a command line to get the function needed.  You can look at the code and modify it to extract the .GZ to a temp location and then you can read the files from there. 

• Like 1