SlimDX DX11

Yamaeda

Hi guys!

So, for fun i'm trying to follow a C# tutorial on DX11 and get it running in LabVIEW through SlimDX. As far as i can see i've done all the steps necessary, but i only get a window, it doesn't clear to the expected color.

Have any of you tested this? What am i missing?

The tutorials i've looked at are linked in the VI. And those .net nodes sure makes the code BIG.

(If i get this to work i'll probably make some wrappers to clean it up)

/Y

tutorialDX11-2013.vi

Yamaeda,

I do not know what is wrong with your code, but can offer you this advice. To the best of my knowledge .NET calls are actually very expensive in LabVIEW, a single call can be something like a few milliseconds! Now, it was a few versions of LabVIEW ago that I had this problem, but my understanding is that it is just the "managed" way of how .NET and LabVIEW operates that this is likely to always be the case.

If you are trying to render lots of stuff I expect you will have lots of .NET calls so just be careful with performance.

For reference, I was using SFML, it seemed like quite a nice library but performance was terrible from within LabVIEW.

I have no serious plan on making a DX11 game or similar, although it'd be really interesting and the multithreading part is alot easier than in e.g. C++. So, performance isn't a real issue for now, but if i get this to work i'll see if i can get direct compute to work from within LV. ;)

/Y