Graph Zoom Hangs Labview 2014

ssingh1

Dear Friends,

Please see the attached VIs. Both VIs are containing same graph. While one VI hangs on zooming certain portion of the graph (towards the centre and end) the other VI is functioning well. The VIs have been named as per their behaviour.

Can someone please explain this behaviour.

With regards

S.Singh

Untitled Hanging.vi

Untitled Good.vi

Any suggestions Please.

Seriously?  You posted this on a Sunday and waited 12 hours.  Please be patient next time.

I confirmed the behavior in 2014 SP1 and 2015.  In the hanging example I needed to zoom in, and then try to scroll horizontally.  Zooming alone wasn't enough.  I'd say this is probably some kind of corrupted VI or control.  In 2015 I forced a recompile by pressing CTRL+Shift and clicking the run button and the VI that did hang no longer hangs.

Seriously? You posted this on a Sunday and waited 12 hours. Please be patient next time.

I confirmed the behavior in 2014 SP1 and 2015. In the hanging example I needed to zoom in, and then try to scroll horizontally. Zooming alone wasn't enough. I'd say this is probably some kind of corrupted VI or control. In 2015 I forced a recompile by pressing CTRL+Shift and clicking the run button and the VI that did hang no longer hangs.

Dear Friend,

Yes, I was little impatient to get the solution, so sorry for that.

I will try to recompile my main VI and see the result. Infact I had deleted the control all togather and made a new one and tested that in my main VI (with the same hanging result) before asking the question. And also the corrupt VI does not seems to be the answer as when we copy paste control to new VI we get same result.

I do perform some settings on graph control (set no. of plots, set color, line type of plots, set scale for different plots etc.) before displaying the data but they have worked for a long time in previous versions of labviews.

Regards

S. Singh