Copy entire VI dependency chain

Stobber

Has anyone published a tool that'll copy a VI's entire dependency chain on disk with all the correct re-linking and such? I need a way to move chunks of features in and out of projects, and sometimes these features aren't nicely separated into classes/libraries/ppls, or they call into lots of scattered non-VI.lib code.

I see there's a "Get VI Dependencies" method in VI Server, but it doesn't include XML files like classes, libraries, xnodes, etc.

The "Duplicate hierarchy to a new location" option in the "File >> Save As..." menu does exactly what I want, I guess...but that's insensitive to code from VI Packages that don't use <vi.lib>. It'd sure be nice to extend that tool with programmatic access and a feature that scans installed packages to avoid copying their code.

Edit: I realize that "dependency chain" is a much broader term than just the call hierarchy, but I'm really just interested in the call hierarchy here.

Edited by Stobber

Create "Source Distribution" Build Specification.

Add the VI to Always Included in Source Files page.

In Destinations page set Destination type to Directory. If you want to preserve the whole folders hierarhy, check the "Preserve disk hierarchy".

In Additional Exclusions page you can include or exclude vi.lib, instr.lib and user.lib.

Go to Preview page and see if your settings give you what you want.

Edited by PiDi
  • Like 1