build installer in different languages

Hi,

Does anyone know a place where to find the contents of the "<lv dir>\applibs" for the different (german, french) languages in a windows system?

To explain my problem:

I have an app that I want to distribute in english, french and german. The labview app-builder allows you to select the language for the installer, but (that's the problem) JUST the installer, not the runtime on the target system itself. It is in the language of your development system.

When the user then runs the "german app" and e.g. right-clicks a graph he gets an english pull-down... not really the behaviour of a "good" program. :thumbdown:

Especially I'm looking for the ".msi" modules in french and LabVIEW version 6.1 (found the german version somewhere inhouse)!

Didier

:nono: ...it's not an option to run the rte-installer (downloadable from ni.com) after the app install! :nono:

You'll find the Run-Time Engines here at ni.com

Download the required RTEs and before building an app with a specific langage, copy the required RTE files in the applib directory. The application Builder will copy the RTE from applib directory and include them in the installer.

Unfortunately, you'll need 4 different installers.

4357[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I suspect this won't work, since the content of the applibs directory is totally different from the rte directory under Shared. In shared you'll find the dll's and the control prototypes and in the applibs they are packed into the ".msm" merge modules which (to my knowledge) are used for the dist-kit builder.

Tell me if I'm wrong :blink:

Didier

Unfortunately, I suspect this won't work, since the content of the applibs directory is totally different from the rte directory under Shared. In shared you'll find the dll's and the control prototypes and in the applibs they are packed into the ".msm" merge modules which (to my knowledge) are used for the dist-kit builder.

Tell me if I'm wrong  :blink:

Didier

4370[/snapback]

OK sorry, it was in LabVIEW 6 that there was a folder applib/installs where you could replace the RTE Installer.

Why is installing RTE after the app not an option? The Application Builder allows to include an executable (e.g. the RTE) and run it automatically after the application installation.

I suggest to contact NI directly to see if there is a way to select langage specific RTE for installation.

The Application Builder allows to include an executable (e.g. the RTE) and run it automatically after the application installation.

4375[/snapback]

Try it and your installer will stop with an error, reporting that an installation is already ongoing... :thumbdown:

IMHO running the two installations from batch-files (what will result if I can't include the rte into the app installer) is a bit old fashioned. Especially I'd like to make the stuff transparent to the user and avoid the additional panels.

BTW I was already asked to provide the program in swedish, danish,...