OSX and file path

Hi,

I'am developping on Mac OSX :) (and also OS 9) for a multiplatform project (Win XP, Linux, Mac).

I'am very disappointed about the way of LabVIEW convert the the path on OS X. It's a " melting-pot" of OS 9 and ... nothing :(

There is anybody that have a solution to : find the root hard drive, the user directory ("~") and above all how to find/build a network path

Thanks for the mac user help :) and sorry for my poor english :oops:

post-2-1159810143.png?width=400

• 4 months later...
Hi,

I'am developping on Mac OSX  :) (and also OS 9) for a multiplatform project (Win XP, Linux, Mac).

I'am very disappointed about the way of LabVIEW convert the the path on OS X. It's a " melting-pot" of OS 9 and ... nothing  :(

There is anybody that have a solution to : find the root hard drive, the user directory ("~") and above all how to find/build a network path

Thanks for the mac user help  :) and sorry for my poor english :oops:

4426[/snapback]

Not sure if this answers your question or not, but when I want to find the path to a specific place on a mac I just create a File Path control and show the browse button, I then find whatever file or folder I want and control+click and choose 'change to constant'

I get confused when trying to build Mac paths, so this is the easiest and fastest way for me.

Thanks for the tip, it's ok for a certain way, but when you have to "play" dynamicly with path it's not an available solution :(

One solution is to use the CFURL.llb available in vi.lib>Platform. You can find VI like "pathToUnixPath" and "UnixPathToPath". (this solution was given to us by a member of this forum... I don't remember is name... but :thumbup: )

Ptit bras