Time

Hi!

I will read out my start time and my end time of the vi.

The outcome of this is the durability.

I read the start time with "get date/time in sec" wired this with "format date/time string" (%H.%M.%S) and show this in a field (string).

Same with the Start date ("format date" %A, %d.%m.%y).

I wired the stop button of a while case with a case structure and so I try to get the end time/end date.

Again with "Get date/time in sec" - "format date/time string"- field (string).

Now my problem, the period.

I tried out subtraction. But there is a problem with the format. I must change the string into number. "String to byte array" won't work (I only get #8 as value) or I have done something wrong.

Maybe there is a simple solution for my problem :headbang:

Hi!

I will read out my start time and my end time of the vi. 

The outcome of this is the durability.

I read the start time with "get date/time in sec" wired this with "format date/time string" (%H.%M.%S) and show this in a field (string). 

Same with the Start date ("format date" %A, %d.%m.%y).

I wired the stop button of a while case with a case structure and so I try to get the end time/end date. 

Again with "Get date/time in sec" - "format date/time string"- field (string). 

Now my problem, the period. 

I tried out subtraction. But there is a problem with the format. I must change the string into number. "String to byte array" won't work (I only get #8 as value) or I have done something wrong. 

Maybe there is a simple solution for my problem  :headbang: 

4582[/snapback]

Try using the Get Date / Time in seconds function for the stop and start times. You may then subtract the two and display the total time with a numeric indicator. Set the indicators property

Here's another example getting the time from start of run to end of run.

obtain the start time using "Get Date/Time in Sec".  Then run your program.  On the close of the program,  read the end time again using the same "Get Date/Time in Sec",  Subtract the two and your done....

Regis

4590[/snapback]

Regis & didierj both have it.

Here is a modification of Regis's example that provides your start and stop time.

Download File:post-274-1114112558.vi