help with object description resizing/wrapping

X___

I need some help recovering the trick to use so that a long control description is wrapped properly when resizing the Context Help window (which is not the case in the attached example).

I couldn't find anything about this in the Help or in the intertubes, although I can see that I have used some kind of trick in the past to get it to work in some controls.

Thanks.

non-wrapped description.png

Edited by X___
edited title, added tags
  • 2 weeks later...

For the record, text wrapping in the context Help window has been confirmed by NI support to work as "expected" which means in the following way:

1) if you have a single paragraph with NO carriage return, the text will wrap:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.43.01.png

2) If you have a single (isolated) carriage return ANYWHERE in the text (as after the first sentence in the original post), wrapping is suppressed (that's the "expected" behavior according to NI R&D).

For instance, if I press return after the first sentence in the Description above, wrapping is suppressed:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.47.45.png

3) You have to introduce carriage returns IN PAIRS, in order to get a new line AND preserve wrapping:

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.46.50.png

Of course then you get an empty line that you may not necessarily wanted...

Edited by X___
typos
  • Like 2