Jump to content
Michael Aivaliotis

Class probing Erratic Behavior in LV2019

Recommended Posts

I'm noticing that when I probe LV class wires in LabVIEW 2019 SP1, it won't display any data on the probe. In fact it appears as if that part of the code never executed. I just can't figure out how to reproduce it. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior. I can clearly see that I have multiple probes on one diagram and the probe attached to a class wired shows "Not Executed" in the probe watch window, even though "Retain Wire Values" is enabled. LabVIEW restart does not fix it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this is so random how I found this, but I was able to reproduce it. I'm hoping others on here can reproduce it as well. If this is a known issue then please link to the source for reference. I've attached code that reproduces it.

But basically in order to reproduce it:

  1. Place a Map datatype in the private class data of the class.
  2. Make the Map datatype a typedef.

lava.zip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90% sure this is the issue fixed in one of the already-released 2019 patches or the 2019 SP1, but I've asked someone internal to NI to verify that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 6:15 AM, Michael Aivaliotis said:

Ok this is so random how I found this, but I was able to reproduce it. I'm hoping others on here can reproduce it as well.

I see the same issue with Version 19.0.1f1 (32-bit).

image.png.1141a17141ab34bd095a51e238e5abc0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The behavior AQ mentioned is similar, but not quite the same.

In the LabVIEW 2019 f2 patch, we addressed Bug 188376 (CAR 742093).  That Bug resulted in a crash when probing class wires that included maps in the object's data.

I've reproduced the behavior you're seeing in LabVIEW 2019 SP1.  I filed Bug 966521 to get that on our radar.  As a quick note, I did test LabVIEW 2019 and the behavior isn't there.  If you need to debug, you can do so on a patched 2019 installation.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a workaround. Instead of typdefing the entire Map, I just typedef the datatype inside the Map. This is probably the best way to do it anyway. Similar to typedefing an array element vs the entire array. Regardless, however, this is still a bug. Thanks for looking into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.