Creating properties on the wall of a loop

m3nth

When you right-click on an indexed array of references coming into a for or do loop, you can't create the corresponding property or method that you would normally be able to create. Right clicking the [] box and selecting Create yields only Constant, Control, Indicator--no Property> or Method>.

If that's unclear, create a control. Create a reference to that control. Build it into an array then wire it to a For loop so the index [] box appears. Right click the index box... only items mentioned above.

When you right-click on an indexed array of references coming into a for or do loop, you can't create the corresponding property or method that you would normally be able to create.  Right clicking the [] box and selecting Create yields only Constant, Control, Indicator--no Property> or Method>.

If that's unclear, create a control.  Create a reference to that control.  Build it into an array then wire it to a For loop so the index [] box appears.  Right click the index box... only items mentioned above.

5102[/snapback]

Hmm, I think that woul be useful with scripting only. Or what sort of other property would you want to create on a loop boundery or tunnel. Then again I wonder if NI will give access to all scriptable objects directly in such a way. This may be a little difficult to implement but then enumerating recursively through the entire diagram to get at a particular object is not very wiring friendly.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Hmm, I think that woul be useful with scripting only.

5107[/snapback]

I actually have run into this many times in non-scripting applications where I am performing mods on a control via a set of control refs, hence my suggestion. If it was something just for scripting I don't think it would be worth adding to the wishlist (since scripting isn't really what I use the most in LabVIEW)