Need higher rez!

Greetings wireworkers,

I just started on a new project that has me using LV's Vision tools for the first time.

Eventually this particular project will be much more involved. But for now all I'm required to do is acquire an image on a barcode scan, then print the image.

What I'm currently having problems with are the default resolution settings for my Intel CS430 webcam. The USB IMAQ Grab with Properties.vi allows the Video Settings to be changed. I was able to insert the IMAQ USB Property Page.vi into the Snap.vi But video settings return to the default after each run.

I'm also experiencing a lot of instability and crashes with LV as I'm working on this. Have others experienced this as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi Allen,

The video settings will not be remembered in camera, so you need to set these video settings programmatically, if you don't like popup dialog and set manually everytime. IMAQ USB may not provide these features, but our IVision LabVIEW toolkit has this feature to set frame rate, resolution etc video settings programmatically.

Get a free full functional demo version of IVision LabVIEW toolkit here:

http://www.hytekautomation.com/IVdownloadsteps.htm

Irene He