Image barrel distortion correction

Hi,

I’m using Labview v.2014 for a project that consists in importing a picture from the web browser acquired by a COGNEX camera IS2000 with a wide angle lens.

Since I need to correct the distortion on the sides to avoid barrel distortion as much as possible I was wondering if somebody has already developed something suitable without using NI Vision. Please assist.

Img00.jpg

Do you have the Vision Development Module?

The wide angle lens may not be the right tool for the job. Look up telecentric lenses. I can't tell what the field of view you need is, which is important in lens choice. Telecentric lenses are expensive. Is this for an academic or industrial application?

On 8/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, caleyjag said:

Do you have the Vision Development Module?

The wide angle lens may not be the right tool for the job. Look up telecentric lenses. I can't tell what the field of view you need is, which is important in lens choice. Telecentric lenses are expensive. Is this for an academic or industrial application?

No, I don't want to use a Vision module.

I must use a wide angle lens becuase the area to show is 250x160 mm and the camera is fix at about 300mm. This is an industrial application so I have a budget.

2 hours ago, Castel.Alex said:

Hi,

I'm reading your ImageMagick link but I dont' understand how can I use in labview? I have a picture that change 2 times/second. CAn you explane better your

ImageMagick has command line interface so you can use "System Exec.vi".
ImageMagick works with files (at least the command line thing). So you have to save the picture, call "System Exec.vi" with the proper command and parameters, this will make another file (or overwrite), then you have to load this file to Labview. For not high resolutions, this will probably fit the 0.5 second time (and based on the picture you posted, the resolution in pretty low).

I have to ask the usual question though: what is your final goal? Maybe you could go the other way around and barrel-distort the whatever instead of the picture? Maybe you'd only need one transformation during the whole program run.

Edited by Lipko