HELP ME

Ciro99

Hi everyone, I need help with a project where I have a LOGO! Siemens  6ED1052-1HB08-0BA0 
that communicates the states of inputs and outputs via Modbus/Ethernet with Labview, 
I wanted to ask you if it is possible, using labview to check the state of a Merker, 
then to virtually change the status of the Merker from 1 to 0. I have already tried Ethernet Modbus. 
thanks in advance for the help.

1 hour ago, Ciro99 said:

Hi everyone, I need help with a project where I have a LOGO! Siemens  6ED1052-1HB08-0BA0 
that communicates the states of inputs and outputs via Modbus/Ethernet with Labview, 
I wanted to ask you if it is possible, using labview to check the state of a Merker, 
then to virtually change the status of the Merker from 1 to 0. I have already tried Ethernet Modbus. 
thanks in advance for the help.

I cannot recall doing this with a LOGO! but have done it quite a bit with plain old S7s. The Modbus module (now open source) works just fine. What difficulties are you having?

Thanks for the reply. I am using Labview with the Modbus / ethernet module and can read the states of the inputs and outputs of LOGO! but I would also like to "write" them, such as changing the status of the Merker from 0 to 1. I don't know if I have made myself clear.

So I am not a Modbus expert, but have definitely written information to a PLC in the past. As far as I know you cannot write to input registers, I presume you can write to output registers (are they called coils?). I don't have the toolkits installed on my PC right now so I cannot check.

This code below works fine for setting Holding Registers. Have you tried writing to the Holding Registers? I

image.png.31a54c02261dcd7d4eeaca42796e8723.png

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Neil Pate said:

So I am not a Modbus expert, but have definitely written information to a PLC in the past. As far as I know you cannot write to input registers, I presume you can write to output registers (are they called coils?). I don't have the toolkits installed on my PC right now so I cannot check.

This code below works fine for setting Holding Registers. Have you tried writing to the Holding Registers? I

image.png.31a54c02261dcd7d4eeaca42796e8723.png

Good morning, I'll try your advice. thank you very much for your reply.