Reinit VIs in memory

I'd like to be able to reset all VIs in memory to revert to a clean state like when VIs are just loaded into memory. That is to reinitialize all controls to default value and clear uninitialized shift registers. The VI method Revert VI would do that except that it erases unsaved VI changes.

I'd like to be able to reset all VIs in memory to revert to a clean state like when VIs are just loaded into memory. That is to reinitialize all controls to default value and clear uninitialized shift registers. The VI method Revert VI would do that except that it erases unsaved VI changes.

5313[/snapback]

The Reinitialize All to Default won't work because it won't clear the uninitialized shift registers. Revert VI works except it erases unsaved changes. Is there any reason then that you can't just save the VI changes before reverting?

The Reinitialize All to Default won't work because it won't clear the uninitialized shift registers.  Revert VI works except it erases unsaved changes.  Is there any reason then that you can't just save the VI changes before reverting?

5317[/snapback]

The only reason is to check if changes work before saving... But yes it could be done by saving before and one could make a tool Save VIs and then Revert VIs. I checked and Revert VI does revert the VI even when the VI is unmodified (and it resets default values). However I think it takes much more time to reload a whole hierarchy from disk than simply clear USRs and reset default values.

And I want this integrated into LabVIEW...

Another way to reset USR is to force recompilation (Ctrl-Shift-Run Arrow) but then all VIs are flagged as modified.