Controlling relays by min/max temp

JustJay

I am attempting to code a very simple program that would take temp readings from thermcouples attacthed to Feild Point Modules and using a min/max temp range, control inflow of steam to raise low temp instances. I have searched a lot of the examples and tutorials, but have yet to find anything specific to this. I am just getting started on writing this from scratch, and any guidance or help would be great! I am using LabVIEW 6.1 Development Package with LabVIEW 7.1 Express.

I am VERY new to this, but finding LabVIEW to be extremely functional. I am the one that is functionally challenged!

Thanks!

Jay :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
I am attempting to code a very simple program that would take temp readings from thermcouples attacthed to Feild Point Modules and using a min/max temp range, control inflow of steam to raise low temp instances. I have searched a lot of the examples and tutorials, but have yet to find anything specific to this. I am just getting started on writing this from scratch, and any guidance or help would be great! I am using LabVIEW 6.1 Development Package with LabVIEW 7.1 Express.

I am VERY new to this, but finding LabVIEW to be extremely functional. I am the one that is functionally challenged!

Thanks!

Jay :unsure:

5380[/snapback]

I've never worked with steam, but I expect it's straightforward. There are very good relay modules in Fieldpoint with NO and NC connections for 8 relays. You can probably wire these up to control the valves with 24V DC or 120VAC or whatever.

In the program keep checking the temperature and when it goes < setpoint turn on the steam valve. When it is > setpoint turn off the steam. The temperature difference between < and > is called