type string documentation.

When doing flattening by iterating clusters. I make a crazy amount of calls to get type info. I was thinking it might be better to loop through the type string. From Variant to flattened string, But I dont have a good reference for how to decode. (I usually reverse the needed info from the openg library.) 

If you have any doc's or wiki pages to reference i would appreciate it.

You can find a lot of information on the type descriptor help page. The LabVIEW Wiki also has a comprehensive list of all known type and refnum descriptors. Feel free to add more details as you discover them 🙂

That said, I would use Get Type Information over type string analysis whenever possible. It's much easier and less error prone. A great example of this is the JSONtext library, which utilizes the type palette a lot.

You know, now that you mention it. getTypeInfo might be the answer i was looking for the whole time. (i just remembered that i can scan the output and have a list of enumerated type descriptors instead of calling everything all the time.) #duh. So making a call to the get type descriptor each time will not be necessary. I implemented everything using vim's I like the flexibility but now i realize it was a bad idea because of how difficult it is to debug. For some reason I cannot cast a variant to a little endian representation of its data. which was one of the main hurdles here. 

Thanks @LogMAN