LabVIEW Context Help for properties

brian175

Hello,

Does anyone know if the information stored in the context help can be accessed directly or from with in LabVIEW as a string? I want the context help that gets displayed for the LabVIEW property nodes. For example if you create a property node and select the VI Class, the first property is AutoLog.Path and if you hoover above it, the context help describes the AutoLog.Path for the VI Class.

Thanks,

Brian

post-987-1123539787.png?width=400

Hello,

Does anyone know if the information stored in the context help can be accessed directly or from with in LabVIEW as a string?  I want the context help that gets displayed for the LabVIEW property nodes.  For example if you create a property node and select the VI Class, the first property is AutoLog.Path and if you hoover above it, the context help describes the AutoLog.Path for the VI Class.

Thanks,

Brian

post-987-1123539787.png?width=400

5586[/snapback]

I think this is a nocando even if you digup to your armpits into LabVIEW scripting. The context help is not yet included in the LabVIEW scripting object hierarchy and the context help window directly retrieves those text informations from the internal LabVIEW resources based on an ID of the object the cursor is on. This could only be solved currently by directly going into the LabVIEW source code and add an extra hook to the context help window.

Rolf Kalbermatter