Transition from NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx

[bskr]

Hello everyone,

since we have to set up very urgent a new computer equipped with an DAQmx (NI-PCI-6221) board instad of an old DAQ (ATI-MIO16E-10) board, it would be very helpful, if someone would have already written VIs which can replace one-to-one the old VIs (which appeared in the "Ni measurement/data aqquisition" menu in LAbview)

MAybe this a very simple task, but since I am not so experienced with Labview, I am looking forward to every comment.

S.

Hello everyone,

since we have to set up very urgent a new computer equipped with an DAQmx (NI-PCI-6221) board instad of an old DAQ (ATI-MIO16E-10) board, it would be very helpful, if someone would have already written VIs which can replace one-to-one the old VIs (which appeared in the "Ni measurement/data aqquisition" menu in LAbview)

MAybe this a very simple task, but since I am not so experienced with Labview, I am looking forward to every comment.

S.

5692[/snapback]

Use the DAQ assistant in the DAQmx pallete, answer all the questions in the pop up menus. Then right click on the generated express VI, open it up (convert to VI) and look at how the VIs are set up inside.. use that as an example to write your own code.

It is difficult to find one-to-one correspondence for all the various combinations of DAQ processes, AI, AO, DIO, Counters/Timers, Triggering etc etc. without knowing any specifics about your application.

It will take a while to convert to DAQmx, but it is worth it.

Neville.

Hi.

I keen on working on PCI-6221 using DAQmx.

you can find everything about installing the card and creating tasks in Measurement&Automation in pdf file DAQ Quick Start Guide - you should have this document if you had installed NI-DAQ.

how to create tasks dynamically you can find in examples - and how Neville sad: "It is difficult to find one-to-one correspondence for all the various combinations of DAQ processes, AI, AO, DIO, Counters/Timers, Triggering etc etc. without knowing any specifics about your application. It will take a while to convert to DAQmx, but it is worth it."

progor