LabVIEW and Java Applets

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick and easy way to embed LabVIEW VI's into a website. I am working on a renewable energy project that uses VI's to monitor a system, then writes/reads data from a mySQL database to be displayed over then web.

Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated as I only have a few weeks left to complete the project.

Thanks

Calum

The simplest way is to use the built in remote front panels feature. All versions other than the base version have it and you should get 1 or 5 licenses with LV. You will need to activate the license using the license manager (Start>Programs>NI). This will allow anyone to view the VI. If you want someone to control it, they will need to install the LV run-time engine, which should be a free download from NI's site. You should also consider the fact that only one person can control the VI at any given time. Read the LV help for more details on this feature.

Another option, which does use JAVA and is free, is LabVNC (search google for it). It basically translates your FP into a JAVA applet, so you don't need to install the RTE on remote machines. The main down side to it is that it wasn't a commercial project and that its development was stopped several years ago, so it may not be fully finished and it may have bugs.

The simplest way is to use the built in remote front panels feature. All versions other than the base version have it and you should get 1 or 5 licenses with LV. You will need to activate the license using the license manager (Start>Programs>NI). This will allow anyone to view the VI. If you want someone to control it, they will need to install the LV run-time engine, which should be a free download from NI's site. You should also consider the fact that only one person can control the VI at any given time. Read the LV help for more details on this feature.

Another option, which does use JAVA and is free, is LabVNC (search google for it). It basically translates your FP into a JAVA applet, so you don't need to install the RTE on remote machines. The main down side to it is that it wasn't a commercial project and that its development was stopped several years ago, so it may not be fully finished and it may have bugs.

5744[/snapback]

Thanks for your help.

I have been having a look at the solutions you recommended. I have also found some commercial software called AppletVIEW which I think will perform the tasks I need without the user having to download any additional plugins .

Calum

• 4 weeks later...

HI:yen

I am a student from china.

i am also interested in labVNC and AppletVIEW.

i am so surprised when i heard that its development was stopped several years ago.

i want to know how can i find the parter in LabVNC development.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

cnazi21@hotmail.com

HI:yen

I am a student from china.

i am also interested in labVNC and AppletVIEW.

i am so surprised when i heard that its development was stopped several years ago.

i want to know how can i find the parter in LabVNC development.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

cnazi21@hotmail.com

Do a google search for them. If I remember correctly, LabVNC was written by Jeffrey Travis and his email should probably be available on his site.

• 1 month later...