Problem mapping .NET array (System.Array) with Lab

Hi,

I am relatively new to LabVIEW (just 2 months of experience). I have created a .NET class and I was trying to instantiate that class in LabVIEW using the .NET constructor function. I have a .NET array as an input in the constructor and when I pull that class in LabVIEW, LabVIEW gives me a .NET reference instead of an array input. According to documentation, all .NET array classes (System.Array) are mapped to native labVIEW arrays. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help me.

Thanks,

Srik

Hi,

I am relatively new to LabVIEW (just 2 months of experience). I have created a .NET class and I was trying to instantiate that class in LabVIEW using the .NET constructor function. I have a .NET array as an input in the constructor and when I pull that class in LabVIEW, LabVIEW gives me a .NET reference instead of an array input. According to documentation, all .NET array classes (System.Array) are mapped to native labVIEW arrays.  Am I doing something wrong here? Please help me.

Thanks,

Srik

5850[/snapback]

Hi Srik,

No offense, but why don't you implement a pure LabVIEW solution? That should take care of all the headaches .

LabVIEW has a rich set of array functions, if that is what you need..

Neville.

Neville,

Thanks for your suggestion. Basically, I am trying out a .NET solution for my project and I started with arrays as a test, hoping that I could easily work out a LabVIEW & .NET integrated solution. My final plan is to create a ASP .NET website (and/or) webservice and have LabVIEW access these classes from one end and also have a web site at the other end. I have two different set of users for my target application, 1) users who use LabVIEW to perform data analysis and create reports which would be stored in a central database and 2) users who log into a website and view these results by querying this database.

BTW, I just figured out the mapping problem for the arrays. I did a mistake in defining the correct argument type. LabVIEW would not map an array defined as System.Array but if you define a double array, it would show the correct LabVIEW input. But now, after wiring a 2-D LabVIEW array to a 2-D array in .NET, I got a 1172 exception "Object cannot be stored in an array of this type". I will dig into this and if I dont get any positive result, I will post my VI. Any suggestions/comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srik